1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

V-plow on X-county truck ?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by sk187, Dec 27, 2008.

1. sk187

sk187 Senior Member

I have a former county truck (pictured below) that has a 12' power angle blade on it.

I was wondering if anyone knew what would be required to replace it using a vblade.

The current plow is great for running roads where the snow can be winged off to one side but for large parking lots the current plow is not very effective.

I was just thinking about putting a vplow on it so that I could use it as a V to push snow much like a push box.

I just had no clue if I could use the current hydraulic set up to control the blade of if it would require a new set up and if it could be modified to use the current plow mounting set up.

Any help is appreciated.

[​IMG]

2. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

It seems like making a push box would be easier than a V, but I'd like to see it happen.

3. salopez

salopez Senior Member

I wish I had power angle on my single axle!

try starting in the center and plowing out kind of like the way you would plow a field.

then stack with the loaders. this should be faster for you.

4. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

Machinability makes a v for a truck like that. Check out their website for pics, I'm sure they'll custom fab the mounts to match. They arent cheap though-you've been warned. Our 12 ft v on our kubota was approx $18K. See pics on my profile.

5. Greeneverywhere

Greeneverywhere Member

You most likely will need new mountsfor the plow; mabye a completly diff. hitch setup. As far as the hyrdaulics are concerned, It is fairly easy to add valves to the system you have if it is a central hydro with solenoids. They may not fit in your current box though. Contact the manufacturer of your current valves and tell them what you want to do.

6. TurfSolutionsMN

TurfSolutionsMN Senior Member
    from MN

I Believe Boss makes a 10' V plow

7. 84deisel

84deisel Senior Member

I run a 12 ft on the front of my ln8000 and have thought about making removeable end plates so when I wanted to move snow I could have a pusher which at 12 ft will out push a v blade and still have the ability to go back to useing the blade as normal for pushing on smaller lots.

8. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I like that idea the best.

9. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Make half moon end plates up, they dont't touch the ground but it will almost double carring capacity and you can still windrow half decent with your blade. My dad though of this about 8 years ago and SW sells them as an option on there new blades. Trust me they don't look like much but they work awsome.

DSCN2620.jpg

10. sk187

sk187 Senior Member

That is kind of what I was thinking about but I almost need to make the half moons removable or able to fold back.

When I plow the roads and wing the snow off the sides.

I imagine I could make them fold back and then fold into place when needed.

It would be some manual work in the snow and ice to do that every time but it might be the best option.

11. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

We wing stuff with them all the time. We made them removable but have never took them off. Folding back is your best idea but the problem is after some use they don't fold back easy any more.