1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

v-plow on tundra

Discussion in 'Toyota Trucks' started by rancherman84, Dec 9, 2012.

1. rancherman84

rancherman84 Senior Member

just curious how many of you guys run one on a tundra,wieght,etc? my current curtis wieghs 750lbs

2. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

There are a few Tundras in my area that have 7.5' Boss Vs mounted on them. They look like they handle the V plows very well.

3. Trites

Trites Junior Member
    from canada

i just put a new snowdogg 7.5 v-blade on my 07 tundra. it has handled it well so far.

4. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Trites post a pic, Id like to see that

5. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Looks like you'd only gain 15lbs ish. Blade for blade it's only 15lbs the mount weight probably isn't much different

6. mercer_me

I would also really like to see that.

7. Trites

Trites Junior Member
    from canada

havent had time to take any pics of it yet but next time i put it on ill take a pic and see if i can post it for you fellas

8. nick2010tundra

nick2010tundra Junior Member

would love to see a pic of the snowdogg v as I am very interested in one, also did you have to level your truck to take that weight of the v plow

9. nick2010tundra

nick2010tundra Junior Member

Hey trites Any chance you could show some pictures of the plow and the mount on your truck. Also did you have to put a leveling kit in it

10. Trites

Trites Junior Member
    from canada

there was a leveling kit on it when i got the truck 3 years ago. last time i had it on i forgot to take pics since ive been really busy with work and that but i when the plow is up it only drops the front about 2 inches. I was reading on this site that you can get bigger coils from toyotech.com i think that will hold an extra 200 pounds on the front end of the truck. not sure how much they are but it said it was the cheapest way to beef up the front of the truck. i like the plow so far except i would of liked a bigger one. i may put wings on it next year since the truck doesnt have a problem pushing snow and has lots of power. my only concern is the front end parts like wheel bearings ball joints and that stuff but i take my plow off every time im done with it. i will try to get pics next storm. hope this helps ya

11. randomb0b123

randomb0b123 PlowSite.com Addict
    from america

does anyone know if they make a tundra with the big engine and a real bed? just curious i would like to get one some day but i will not buy a full size truck with less than an 8' bed ex cab or regular cab dosent matter

12. nixray

nixray Senior Member

they do offer the Tundra in both reg and ext cab with a true 8' bed can not get the TRD package but every package up to.

13. randomb0b123

randomb0b123 PlowSite.com Addict
    from america

good to know thanks. from what ive seen theyre very capable and its a toyota so im sure very reliable

14. RedsGarage25

RedsGarage25 Sponsor

We did a Boss 8'2 VXT on a 2010 Tundra. He already had a 6" lift kit and upgraded suspension. With his upgrades, the truck doesn't sag at all. I'm not so sure it would be the same case without the upgrades.

Toyota Tundra.jpg

Tundra 2.jpg

15. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Not a Vee but equivalent. We've done a couple of these, the Tundra handles it very well.

004.JPG

16. sld92e_23

sld92e_23 Member
    from Boston

wow, thats FIng badass !!! Thumbs Up

17. mercer_me

Nice looking Tundra and plow. I would love to have a set up like that. I don't think I would have a 6" lift though, just a 3" and 1" leveling kit and Timbrens.

18. silvrevo

silvrevo Member
    from MidWest

That looks great! also looks like a lot of weight out front.

I have a '13 Tundra rcsb and just installed OME 3" springs and shocks on the front.

Looking to get a Boss plow this year, and everyone says get a V if you can.

I looked at the Boss 7.5 plows, and the V is about 200lbs more.

Looking for more info on this , thanks guys.

19. mercer_me

I think your Tundra will handle a 7.5' Boss V.

20. jmac5058

jmac5058 Senior Member

Dont forget to add counterwieght to your tundra , they like 3 or 4 bags of groceries placed behind the rear wheeles. Dont forget to take out all the soccer stuff your wife left.