1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

V-Plow on Lifted f-250

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by warpedghost, Dec 14, 2008.

1. warpedghost

warpedghost Junior Member
    from Maine

Hi. I've never owned a truck before and I just purchased a house that has about 1mile of dirt road that needs to be plowed. I have read different opinions on lifted trucks with plows. I'm about to purchase a truck that has a lift on it. Is it possible to put a v-plow on this truck? Any and all advice welcome.

2008 FORD F250SD LARIAT CREW 4X4 DIESEL
    truck.jpg

Does this mean the lift is 20 inches? Please excuse my ignorance if I'm way off.
    lift.jpg

truck.jpg

lift.jpg

2. DCSpecial

DCSpecial Senior Member
    from IL

No, looks like a 2-4" lift.

But, wow......3 blocks in the rear?
    Personally I would swap them out for a larger single block.

Any way you can find out what brand of suspension it is and the height?

3. warpedghost

from Maine

they dont have the suspension type listed. if i purchase it would it be worth it to switch the 3 blocks for 1 large one? also, is this truck ok for a v-plow?

4. tim096

tim096 Senior Member
    from wny

Yes get the block, I see you live in Maine, If you are pushing a lot of snow you are going to be better with a stock suspension. A v blade will cause a lifted sus to sag a lot. The coil springs will also wear out in a year or 2 of plowing. That is one nice looking truck. but for plowing I would stick with a stock sus.

5. warpedghost

from Maine

thanks. im guessing it has the stock suspension because it doesnt mention anything about a new suspension. i wont be plowing that much. im sharing the one road with a neighbor so i will probably only plow maybe 7 or 8 times total for the year.

6. tim096

tim096 Senior Member
    from wny

I am guessing the rear is stock ( the reason for the blocks) the front has new springs, and the whole truck has new shocks, I would want them to fix the rear correctly. I would also ck the brake hoses to make sure them arent tight from the lift, Make sure it drives strait and turns ok. If all that is good enjoy the truck. It is nice looking. Im sure it will give you years of great svc.

7. DCSpecial

DCSpecial Senior Member
    from IL

The front either has new coils or just spacers.

You'd prefer spacers with the stock springs if you have an choice.

If the lift was properly done (which the rear blocks leads me to suspect that it may not be) it should handle fine. If it wasn't the caster is probably a bit too negative and it may handle poorly. That's easy to fix though.

And make sure the truck has the snow plow package from Ford.

8. massfirefighter

massfirefighter Senior Member
    from mass.

Those lift blocks look very hack. Sweet truck otherwise.

9. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

I would et a truck that is completely stock (suspension wise) and then put your V-Blade on it. The truck you are looking at has been lifted in a very poor fashion.

10. BRENTMAN

BRENTMAN Senior Member

i like that truck dude, even tho apparently the lift is poorly done....but how hard would it be to redo the lift? surely that truck would be great for a plow, i mean the things a beast. The ford dealership by my house has an 09 F250 xl super crew or something like that with a boss V plow on it....i might buy it

11. warpedghost

from Maine

cool, thanks for the advice guys. ill go ahead and get that truck and remove the lift so i can put a plow on it.

12. Ford445

Ford445 Senior Member
    from Vermont

Well said. Buy the truck, ditch the lift, plow a lot of snow!

payup

13. Bernie Lomax

Bernie Lomax Senior Member

That's a brand new truck at a dealer and that's the lift in the rear?!!!!!!! Jesus. That's horrifying.

14. F250 Boss v

F250 Boss v Senior Member

Tell the dealer you'll only buy it if he removes the lift kit and restores it to stock, including shocks!

15. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Couldn't agree more.:salute: