1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

V Plow On Chevy?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by DIESEL PLOWGUY, Nov 20, 2005.

1. DIESEL PLOWGUY

DIESEL PLOWGUY Member

I have a 2005 CHEVY 2500HD regular cab 4 BY 4 LS package. I want to run a V blade on it either a 8.5 V blade a WESTERN or FISHER or possibly steo ut to a BOSS 9.2 V Blade POLLY. My question is that I have a 2004 REG CAB F350 DIESEL that carries a BLIZZARD 810 and takes the weight like a champ I added a leaf to the front and there is no sag at all. So with the CHEVY I have put on some 235-85-16 tires had the T bars cranked to level the truck out and have a set of timberns for the front that are not installed yet. So how bigga blade can I go and not have it ridding with the front way lower than the rear? THANKS

2. DIESEL PLOWGUY

DIESEL PLOWGUY Member

come on guys any pictures with V plow on ur chevy?

3. Joe D

Joe D Senior Member

The GM will hold what ever plow you chose, from the ones you listed. You can't add a leaf like the Ford but you can turn the bars or even possibly get a heavier rated bar. Timbrens will help out as well.

4. its 1 ton, but i figured it was close

new pic.JPG

5. go to fishersnowplows.com and use ematch:drinkup:

6. DIESEL PLOWGUY

DIESEL PLOWGUY Member

FIZER EZ MATCH says I can run any plow I chose I just dont want the front end to sag. How does that 1 ton take the weight of the fisher? Thats a sharp truck.

7. I had the torsion bars set up about 1.3 inches. The plow weight is 808 and the truck handles it fine. Only drops about 2 inches with the plow at full height. Fisher had the proper amount of ballast I need on their e-match that it would require, but as you can see, with the vbox, I have more than enough.

I did not need to add timbrens

8. ratlover

ratlover PlowSite.com Addict
    from IL

I run a 9.5' Fisher EZV with timbrens up front, 3/4" crank on the t BARS(did it for looks before I installed the plow) 265 75 r 16 tires and 1k lbs of ballast behinf the rear tires. I'd personally look at a blizzard or a western or fisher V depending on what your doing. My truck drops less than 1.5" when raising the blade with this combo.

9. DIESEL PLOWGUY

DIESEL PLOWGUY Member

I have a BLIZZARD 810 on my 04 F350 Diesel. The Blizzard is a great plow for parking lots but for drivewats I could car less for it. IMO

10. A question for you?!

As much as I hate yellow plows, I'm actually not dissing them right now, just wondering. Someone said that their Fisher V weighs 808lbs.. I have an 8ft Boss Straight blade and it weights 756lbs. Are the bosses that much thicker/stronger/better braced or what? FOr more number the boss 8'2" V weighs 860lbs and the 9'2" weighs 928lbs. BY the way, I have used a fisher ( my buddy has one) and i just wasnt impressed by the construction! Sorry guys....plus i think the little yellow triangle on the lift is just NASTY ugly..but thats just personal preference! For a V, I would recomend Western, for a STraight blade i would saw boss. Although those blizzards look nice!

11. :dizzy: Western and fisher are about identical except for color and mounts. When Fisher has years of research into their plow, it explains the lower weight. It does not need as much steel because its designed better.

Sorry, but if your gonna dis fisher, then expect it to be defended. However, I will not stoop low enough to dis your plow:angel:

12. ratlover

ratlover PlowSite.com Addict
    from IL

Western V's suck but fisher V's are the BOMB:dizzy: The red paint makes the western ALOT stronger:nod: Mounting also plays a large difference in weight. Also make sure when looking at weight you are including the truck side equipment or just the blade weight. 9.5's weight around 950#'s and the 8.5's weight around 900#'s

Most plow manufactures list what gauge steel the mold board uses, you can compare that way if it helps you decided.

13. Playboy

Playboy Senior Member

Here's my plow set-up. I need to take a profile pic with the blade up but the plow is still in my garage. I started storing all my lawn equipement away so I'll be taking the MVP out posibly this week.

14. Playboy

Playboy Senior Member

15. Sure Sure Sure

I told you right at the begining of the post that I WASN'T dissing them. I was just wondering about the differences!...now to take care of the dissing.....personally...IMO........I just think they are UGLY! Sorry guys. But you have to remember this too. I am from WEst MI where yellow plows are a minority and boss, western, and blizzard are everywhere! WEll, i have snow to plow :salute:

16. ABM

ABM Junior Member

I have an 01 2500HD with the 8.1 motor that I run an 8.2 Boss V. When the shop mounted the plow they set the cross frame in the middle and cranked the torsion bars 7 turns, WAY too much when the plow wasn't on the truck!! I set the cross frame (on the truck side where the plow hitches) at the highest setting and turned the torsion bars back down 5 turns. I added 9 sheets of 1/8 inch galvanized steel in the back for ballast (don't know what it weighs) and the truck rides and drives like a dream with or without the plow. It drops the front end an inch and a half when I raise the plow. I personally would not go any bigger but to each their own.