1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

V-Plow on an F-150..........Anyone

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by johnnysnok, Oct 25, 2014.

1. johnnysnok

johnnysnok Member

Anyone running a v-plow on an F-150? Are there any manufactures that make them for an F-150? I know most are rated for a F-250.

If you have a set up i sure would love to see a photo.
  2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Buyers or snowdogg I believe.
  3. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Meyer Super V LD.
  4. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

There's a guy on here with a 7'6'' Xtreme V on a 7 lug F150
  5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Saltdogg I think
  6. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

I'll never understand why Ford did 7 lugs for a few years. :dizzy:
  7. MiscCleanUpCrew

MiscCleanUpCrew Junior Member

They still make them, max payload is 2200lbs or something.
  8. JustJeff

JustJeff PlowSite.com Addict

Depends on the year of F 150 and if it has electronic steering or not.
  9. Citytow

Citytow Senior Member
    from phila

The Boss Says no vee

No plow applications are recommended for your vehicle.
    Notes: Ford does not recommend a snowplow be installed on any F150 models. For more information review Ford Quality Bulletin Q-200R1 at https://www.fleet.ford.com/truckbbas/topics/qvmp.html

but id get a clevis frame and go for a 6'6" UTV Power-VXT Steel Blade...thats just me

and fix that missing lug
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2014
  10. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

your recomending a 6'6"utv plow for a f150.
    It's time to put the substances down and get some fresh air...

11. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

OP's first post say 1999 F150, No plows on 2011 and later F150's.
  12. Citytow

Citytow Senior Member
    from phila

gotcha .
  13. RMGLawn

RMGLawn Senior Member

2012 F150 with a Standard Duty 7'6"

I was going to put a Meyer Super V LD on it, but the price on this used Boss was a deal
  14. mrwolf

mrwolf Senior Member

Do you have the 5.0 or eco boost (so electronic power steering). I just mad a purchase , 2014 f150 5.0 4x4. My dealer has been around a long time and will honor my warranty, I also paid $4000 extra for bumper to bumper 5yr/60,000 WITH PLOW. The warranty would have been half that without the plow. I have not decided between sno way 26, something else OR I have also considerd the utv v plow. I don't do heavy street clearing, a few lots and a 180 unit condo complex, the v would sure come in handy at the complex. The truck does not do the majority of the work at the condo complex, that's done with a cherokee and a skid steer. But I paid good money for this truck and it's gotta earn its keep.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2014
  15. JustJeff

Snoway 26R weighs 590 pounds and will move a lot more snow than a straight blade, and depending on your situation may work even better for you than a v plow. They will also work with the new F series with electronic steering.
  16. mrwolf

mrwolf Senior Member

Thanks Harleyjeff. While I am still interested in Rmg's engine/tranny setup and epas, I was also interested in if the frame mounting is the same on the epas as opposed to the 6.2. I need to make a decision fairly quickly.

17. JustJeff

Send a PM to "Basher". He's the resident expert on Snoways around here. Sells them, works on them, and very intelligent. I love my V plow, but I think it I were to do it over again I'd definitely get an "R" series Snoway. The wings on them don't expand like a wideout or Blizzard, but you can angle them individually and use it as a containment plow. Very productive. If you got one you'd wonder why you ever considered anything else.
  18. mrwolf

mrwolf Senior Member

Thanks much! I've talked with Basher and if I go with a 26 r hope to maybe even order from them if it's feasible. I own 3 old 25D's that will be around for a while as well.

Still interested in your response when you get time Rmg
  19. RMGLawn

RMGLawn Senior Member

It is setup with the 5.0 and electronic power steering. My brother and I did the install. There is a bracket underneath the truck that had to be cut to mount the back crossmember brace for the plow mount. I was slightly worried about the plow drawing to much power from the steering when going up and down but everything works fine. The truck drops about 3/4" with the Boss Standard Duty. I am considering adding wings to the plow as well.

I can get more pics if you would like. I had a snoway on my old 2004 F150 but I didn't care for it. I had a 250 with a boss v for my last truck. I think boss is built slightly more heavy duty. I also like the mounting system a lot more.
  20. RMGLawn

RMGLawn Senior Member

I also have load range e tires on the truck.