1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

V plow on a 2011 Dodge 3500 ST Cummins auto

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by golden arches, Jan 9, 2011.

1. golden arches

golden arches Senior Member

? - V plow on a 2011 Dodge 3500 ST Cummins auto

Anyone know if a SnowDogg VX 85 will fit a 2011 Dodge 3500 ST w/ a Cummins & auto. SRW.

Got the truck on Friday and I'm supposed to get the plow installed tomorrow, but am now concerned that it won't fit and I'll waste a trip.

Did a lot of research to find this setup. Plow looks great, but their application chart does not indicate that it will work.

thanks!

Last edited: Jan 9, 2011
  2. golden arches

Guess no one knows. Never thought I'd stump the panel!

Time to call Buyers and find out direct.

3. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

Sorry I missed this before. The plow will fit, but it will overload the front axle.

So basically, we can't recommend it, but it should fit up just fine.

4. golden arches

Dodge Cummins

Thanks for the update. Before I got your reply I called the factory tech desk and was told it would be fine as long as there was sufficient ballast in the back? Since I always plow with ballast (and have since 1965), I took the plow into the dealer.

Dealer also agreed and the plow was being installed.

I was more concerned about any need to altering the truck since a couple of your competitors said they had to. The dealer and the techi said no alterations were needed.

Hadn't thought about a weight issue. Researching the specs for the Dodge, the max front axle GAWR load for is 5500#, with the dry engine running 1100#, about 400#(+/-) more than the V8. V plow is 250 (+/-) more than a straight plow.

With that information - it appears well within the safety and design limits from Dodge.

Unless I have 5 passengers riding while plowing - then there may be a weight question.

Thanks for your response. GA

5. milwaukee53221

milwaukee53221 Junior Member

You will be putting wheel bearing in the front sooner then normal.:cool:

6. golden arches

Got the truck and plow back this morning. Looks good, runs level. Unfortunately both the dealer and Snow Dogg's tech rep were wrong on the alterations.. they removed the tow hooks from the front of the truck along with 2 bumper braces. Doesn't alter the appearance, but the functionality is changed some.

It does look good. I'll run it over a scale to get an idea of the weight distribution and will have a better reaction as to any issues or future concerns.

Can tell you it handled wonderfully, both on the road with the plow up and in a lot with the plow down. Couldn't tell it was on the truck. Could not imaging pushing this blade with a gasser.

7. secret_weapon

secret_weapon Senior Member

We need to see some pics please! I really like the new Dodges.

8. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Yes please post some pic's, you'll love that Cummin's while pushing snow- they barely have to work. And since you already know, yes the truck will handle the plow fine, it is just a lot of weight on the front when paired with the heavy Cummin's.

9. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

No tow hooks. that blows.