1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

V plow on 2003 GMC

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by joe2106, Dec 19, 2005.

1. joe2106

joe2106 Junior Member

I'm new to plowing, but what do you think about a 8' v-plow on a 2003 1500 GMC. I have heard some say its too heavy, but others say just crank the torsion bars. Any help would be appreciated.

Joe

2. WRIGHTWAY

WRIGHTWAY Senior Member

I have a western standard 7’6” uni mount on my 2000 1500 I had to put 6 rounds on the torsion spring to get decent ride height cant imagine an 8’ v on my pore little half ton

3. 2004 f250 psd

2004 f250 psd Member

get a 7,6 boss v plow it's 790LBS a boss 7,6 super duty is 710LBS it's 80 more

4. ratlover

ratlover PlowSite.com Addict
    from IL

I wouldnt put a V on a 1/2 ton but thats JMO. Look at what the manufacuters recomend and use that to help your decision

Maybe a blade with somepro wings or a blizzard speed wing?

What kinda plowing will you be doing???????

5. cincy snowdog

cincy snowdog Senior Member

dont do it you ll be sorry cant handle the weight.brakes,u joints etc ruin that truck fast :realmad: then you ll look like him

6. joe2106

joe2106 Junior Member

v plow

I only have a handful (10 or so) small commercial lots. The plow is a deal I can't pass up, but don't want to ruin a 20K+ dollar truck in the process. Eight foot is the largest it would be, it may even be 7.5-I have to measure. I would be the only one using it, so I would take good care of it. It is all in town plowing-less than a 2 mile radius and the plow would be unhooked.

Any suggestions please let me know.
    Joe

7. WRIGHTWAY

WRIGHTWAY Senior Member

then bey a cheap older truck to put the plow on

8. sierra02

sierra02 Junior Member

I have the 7'6" boss v on my 2002 half ton and it works good. Just make sure you got the heavier front axle and torsion bars.