1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

v plow off

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by jeepman4u, Apr 13, 2010.

1. jeepman4u

jeepman4u Member

This is the first time, that i'm trying tol take off the plow. Never own a v plow before. i read how but no luck. i have unhitch the on and off brackets to off but the tower don't move like it should. could my switch be bad on the tower. any help would be great. Driving the dump truck with a plow and its 80 outside today.

curt

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Do you have the plow in the V position? And make sure the plow controller is on and the plow is in float ,red light.
    After that toggle the switch up first till you heard a snap,that's the pins after that toggle the switch down and hold it till it stops.

3. jeepman4u

jeepman4u Member

Hey Grandview

Thanks for the help, i got the plow off in just a few seconds after i got the red light on in the float. That were i was messing up. I don't run that truck much it stays at the mall lots, i run the dodge more. thanks again.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2010