1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

v plow not working

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by grover251, Dec 23, 2008.

1. grover251

grover251 Junior Member

i just purchased a 06 28v 9'1" that was only used one season because the guy got tired of changing the brain. he told me it would just quit working. i've plowed with it 4 times and this morning it quit on me. when u hit any button on the remote u can hear the motor turning but nothing happens, any ideas???

2. The Swede

The Swede Member
    from Sweden

Proably bad conection for the 12 volt power. Try to clean and grease.
    Good luck

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Make sure the ground is properly installed. You could have a bad coil on the pump. A failed coil will eat brains. Get your serial number and call tech. Andy can tell you if your unit had any warranty coil replacements. But even if not you need to test the coils before you throw any more receviers at it.

4. grover251

grover251 Junior Member

thanks for the help. i put the plow in a heated garage for a few hours and it started working. so obviously i need to do a fluid change. As for the other guys problem with the brain hopefully it got corrected when it was fixed and installed on my truck.