1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

v plow needs a new spring?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by chevyzrule810, Feb 26, 2012.

1. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

A friend of mine lives out in new york.He found a mm2 V-plow for $1000,guy is not plowing anymore.The plow needs a new spring.I'm just wondering what would have hit that caused the spring to break loose in the picture below? What also scares me is if he hit something hard is the rest of the plow bent or damaged? Any insight would be appreciated.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 26, 2012
  2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

No pic....

3. chevyzrule810

I can see the picture fine.I just sent you a pm with the picture

Last edited: Feb 26, 2012
  4. BossPlow2010

BossPlow2010 PlowSite.com Addict

Picture doesn't work

5. chevyzrule810

I uploaded it to my private album by mistake. Here it is

[​IMG]

6. Buster F

Buster F Senior Member

Impossible to tell from one pic but i would say that corrosion may have played a part in the spring failure here.

7. doyles

doyles Member

parts get old
    how does the cutting edge look

8. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Combination of rust, usage, and maybe just a weak spring. Either way, that plow has taken some very hard hits.

9. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

At $1000 I would still grab that if the rest of its working. I bought one for $800 and reskinned it along with new springs. I still believe with the exception of the center wiper the EZ-Vs are better then the XVs.

10. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

I'm with Flipper. Although I can't tell if its paint flaking off or a crack in the moldboard to the left of the spring/rib. Regardless, thats a good deal if its not completely wrecked.

11. chevyzrule810

yeah its a good deal I know a guy who straightens plows that would fix it.