1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

V-Plow Issues

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by BigCountryBCE, Dec 12, 2012.

1. BigCountryBCE

BigCountryBCE Junior Member

I just installed my v-plow on my 2012 3500 GMC, the plow was on a 2008 2500 Chevy, according to the fisher website all wiring would change over. I hooked everything up and have checked all fuses and have power on the wires that hook to the plow, but cannot get the controller to power on and the truck lights are not shutting off, the plow lights are coming on but are barely visible. Could the isolation module be bad?

2. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

check all your grounds and then work backwards.

3. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Are you plugs on the iso module in the correct spots?

4. BigCountryBCE

I will check the grounds again, I checked the wires going to the isolation module, they are correct, they still have the original labels on them. I unplugged each one individually and one turned off the drivers truck lights and the other turned off the pass, when they were unplugged. I am assuming the third one is for the joy stick?

5. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

I assume we're talking ExtremV? The lights issue is most likely just a configuration issue...positive ground - Negative ground. Was the 08 truck yours?..or did you buy it off someone who told you what it was supposedly on?

6. RepoMan207

from Maine

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that you may've forgotten to plug one of the TWO square 4 port connectors in...they come off the control harness. One is half way down the control harness, which is suppose to connect to the to the truck - ISO harness (B&C), the other at the end of the harness where it connects to your battery cable. Other then that, it would be a fuse issue I would say...see below.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 12, 2012
  7. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

What side did you plug in your headight harnesses into A or B?

8. RepoMan207

from Maine

???, that didn't make sense. On a 3 port, there is two connectors for the one harness, and they plug into b&c, a is the harness going to the grill for the plow.

9. brad96z28

What side did he plug his factory headlight harnesses into A or B. Makes sence why his lights may be messed up. Never seen them come on dim usually work or dont if connected wrong.It wont affect why his controller wont power up. I know how many connectors there is on a 3 port. A 3 port 2 plug install, it doe nott get any easier then that.Only thing Ive seen people do on these is plug in the 4 pin connectrs in the wrong place (switching the connections at the 29047 adaptor and the power cable).

Last edited: Dec 12, 2012
  10. RepoMan207

from Maine

You mean the configuration at the headlight, not the ISO plugs...I got what you're saying now. I suggested this already, but I don't think that's the issue. They wouldn't both be dim.

11. brad96z28

got to have something hooked up wrong or a bad main connection. Hope he made his connections directly to the battery.

12. BigCountryBCE

Thanks for all the input! The wires are hooked to the battery, the 2008 Chevy was mine and I hooked up the plow to that truck without any problems. Before that the plow was on my 2005 dodge 3500. The isolation mod and the light harness were replaced when I installed it on the 08 Chevy. Everything was in working order when I removed it from the 08 last April. I am going to trace all the wires and make sure my connections are good and will keep you posted. Thanks again!

13. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

Is this a two plug multiplex Extreme V, Or a three plug EZ-V?

14. BigCountryBCE

3 plug EZ-V. Plow was bought new in 2003

15. RepoMan207

from Maine

Well, that's a hoarse of a whole other color.

16. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

In your first post, you say you've got power on the wires that hook to the plow... Exactly which wires? And when exactly do they have power?

17. RepoMan207

from Maine

^^^^^^^^ Can you ellaborate on the highlighted section?

Also, Just to be clear, you have a 3 port ISO correct?

18. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

sounds like something is not completing the circuit

19. RepoMan207

from Maine

yup...exactly my thoughts too.

20. BigCountryBCE

I have voltage to all three wires that hook to the plow when truck is running, it is a 3 port ISO, the third wire I was talking about is port A in the ISO. Planning on tracing all the wires tomorrow and hopefully find the problem