1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

v plow install

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by redplow, Jan 30, 2009.

1. redplow

redplow Member

I just purchased a 8'6 v plow and was wondering how hard it is to install. The place i bought it from wanted 700 to install, which i thought was outrageous. I already have the ultra mount on my truck because my previous plow was a standard 7'6 blade. Does anyone have any experience installing a v plow, or advice?
  2. StathemLawncare

StathemLawncare Member

Its not to hard. The hardest thing is taping into some of the lights. Putting the plow together is not to bad. Might be around 3 or 4 hours.
  3. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

you should only have to change the main harness. is your old plow iso module?
  4. coldcoffee

coldcoffee Senior Member

I opted to assemble mine because the dealer didn't have it ready when they said they would. Mine is a 9'2" vxt and I had 2 extra sets of hands ready to unload and help me assemble. The instructions were straight forward. I had one guy reading and grabbing tools while 2 of us assembled.The mount and wiring were already on the truck from a previous straight blade. The whole plow assembly took us less than 2 hours...just basic tools w/ an impact. Basically it was plug and play after that, and just plugging in the new controller. The headlights still need an extra module installed for the dual beam, but I haven't been too motivated to do it w/ how cold this winter has been so far...it can wait till spring at this point. I drive w/ the high beams on and I haven't been flashed once yet by other motorists. I'm sure I'll build the next plow and now that I've done it, I would say it was well worth the savings. I also really don't want to trust someone else to do my wiring on anything anymore, especially after talking to the dealers mechanic...kinda scary w/ his lack of knowledge and disposition. Good luck to you!!

Sorry....I just realized that you posted in the Western forum...oh well
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2009
  5. redplow

redplow Member

i have the isolation box. I just couldnt justirfy paying 950 dollars to have the straight blade wires removed and the v blade wires installed. All imput helps, so thanks for the imput coldcoffee about the VXT
  6. Chase88

Chase88 Senior Member

I installed mine MVP,so if I can do it you definitely can! lol No seriously its pretty straight forward.