1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

V plow height

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by 440dmax, Dec 8, 2012.

1. 440dmax

440dmax Junior Member
    from montana

I have a 2500 dodge hemi with a VX95 on it and it doesnt lift very high. I was hoping some of you might know how far off the ground the cutting edge would be when the plow is striaght and up and how far off the ground the tips of the plow are after its V-ed back? I cant see how i could make it lift more with out a longer hydraulic cylinder my chains are good I think. Just woundering if i have it set up right. I do have a leveling kit in and heavy duty shocks. Thanks for the help.

2. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

how high is the corners when in V mode

3. jmac5058

jmac5058 Senior Member

Most need to bump out of full vee a bit when driving around to avoid scraping .

4. 440dmax

440dmax Junior Member
    from montana

Its about 3.5 -4 inches off the ground is all. I see the boss plows 10-12 inches up off the ground?? Also anyone have some good tips on culdesac's I have a few that i have to plow and theres got to be a better way lol

5. Antlerart06

You could adjust the chains more With out seeing it Hard to say

6. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Make sure the headgear prop rod is folded down. Other than that adjust the chain slack.

7. Earthscapes

Earthscapes Senior Member
    from WNY

Theres no way your seeing Boss V's 10-12" off the ground at the ends of the wings folded back. I have a 8'2" & a 9'2" both on Gm's torsion bars cranked, leveling kits & timbrens and the 8'2" sits 6" at most.
    Unless your seeing them on lifted trucks...?

8. Antlerart06

I have 9.2 Boss on a F350 and its 8'' should be 10'' but I am running a 8'' tall Cutting edge and its like new

I never seen a GM carry plow very high

9. 440dmax

440dmax Junior Member
    from montana

Tthe truck I seen are f350s with spacers in the frount. I adjusted my chains it help for sure just got done plowing with it. I was able to get around bettor. Have any of you tryed to fill the gap in the middle of the VX the snow was very light and i had a bit of trails left over. I have about a inch space when the plow is straight.