1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

V-PLOW Design flaw resolution

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Nitrousguy, Mar 11, 2012.

1. Nitrousguy

Nitrousguy Junior Member

I purchased the Fisher V-Plow the first year they came out. I'm currently in my 25th season of snowplowing. We plow appox. 80 customers per storm. We do a LOT of plowing. With the straight blade plows I have learned that pushing an even number of left and right pushes maximizes the cutting edge wear. The V-Plow however, because of it's four possible positions, changes the wear points drastically. The middle of the cutting seems to wear the most which wears through and rips off the rubber filler piece. I have fabricated a simple solution that helps keep the wear the same as the ends of the plow.

the first picture is a new factory bracket that mounts behind the cutting ends and the filler rubber block mounts to this.

the second picture is some pieces of used cutting edge cut into 2.5 x 3.5 inch plates

the third picture shows the plates welded to the side of the bracket to make the surface that contacts the ground larger.

With this modification complete I went from replacing the cutting edge & these brackets and filler once a season, to I haven't replaced these parts yet. It's been three years!

$80 for filler kit and $150 for cutting edge... do the math

Last edited: Mar 11, 2012
  2. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

Oh man. I thought you had come up with a fix for the EXV hinge problem. damn.
  3. dfd9

dfd9 PlowSite.com Addict

There's no hinge problem, just ask 2COR. Thumbs Up