1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

V Plow Cutting Edges

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by SnowFighter1322, Feb 6, 2011.

1. SnowFighter1322

SnowFighter1322 Junior Member
    from NE Ohio

Just put a new set of "new style" formed Boss cutting edges on a Boss RT3 8.2" Poly V Plow. These were purchased from centralparts.com - they don't seem to close the gap in the center. It is leaving a small little trace of snow after plowing. My other V plows all have a tight fit in the center and leave no snow whatsoever. Why am I seeing this gap? For the money of these edges (around $400) the shouldn't leave a trace of snow after plowing. Any input or advice would be great, thanks!

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Could be something bent, but I thing you could take one of the edges off and bend the center piece a little and it would fix it. How big of a gap is it? Sometimes it won't matter much if there's a bunch of snow you are plowing.
  3. Jewell1386

Jewell1386 Senior Member

Just had the same issue wirth my polly V. according to Boss it is an older boss plow and the older polly plows are a little wider about 1/4 inch more and I just welded a piece os steel to one edge and cooled it by packing it with snow until it quit melting it and have had no problems since then. Kinda retated but it work and it is an easy fix. if you need further let me know