1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

V-Plow cutting edges

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Pecatonica, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Pecatonica

Pecatonica Junior Member
    from 61063

Can you run the cutting edge on a boss V-plow down to the mow board. Or at least wear it down to 1/2inch before replacement?

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

You can, nothing wrong with it, but you'll take a chance at wearing down the mold board where the cutting edges bolt to the plow. I usually do about a 1/2 inch or so.
  3. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

new edges are ALOT cheaper then a moldboard
  4. jnap711

jnap711 Junior Member

Boss recommends the 2 finger rule
  5. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

I just bought a new set of formed edges a couple weeks ago, price went up again. Cost me $418. Enough to make me sick :realmad: I thought the $350 was bad for the last set! I run mine down to 1/2 inch or so.
  6. Tony350

Tony350 Senior Member

Couldn't you have the new set in the shop and run the old ones all the way out. At that price I would want all the life out of then I sould get.
  7. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

I'm getting down there on my original set of edges. (center rubber hoof style)

Curious about these new formed edges.

Also concerned as I have a few areas that adding even a couple inches in width will cause problems.

Are the original straight edges still available?

Sorry to hijack!

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

9. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Saw the curb guards off if you don't want them. I cut many of them off replacement edges as not every one needs or wants them.