1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

v plow cutting edge

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by 351crules, Jan 14, 2007.

1. 351crules

351crules Member

will the new x-v cutting edges fit on the older v plow. it would be nice to get rid of the rubber flap? thanks

2. Robber80

Robber80 Member
    from Vermont

i've been wondering this too.

3. Al DeMaio

Al DeMaio Junior Member

No, with the center angled to compensate for not having a center flap they will not fit. If you are unhappy with the one peice flap, I have an aftermarket hedvy duty 2 pc flap available

4. 351crules

351crules Member

well i've been told it would fit with a little grinding from another site...my plow is brand new and with no snow i haven't been able to try it out yet. it's just the new cutting edge looks like it would do a better job of not leaking snow

this is the answear i got

"Yes it will. You do need to do a little trimming to make it fit - you'll have to trim out a little metal near the hinge pin. Other than that, it's a staight bolt on. Trimming can be done withan angle grinder, or any other cutting tool.

If your's is a poly-V, you will also need to trim some poly out of the same location."

5. Jt13speed

Jt13speed Senior Member

That remark i think is for a BOSS plow since he commented about a Poly. Im not sure if the new fisher cutting edges will fit the old EZ-V, due to the different attack angles.