1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

V plow cutting edge upgrade??

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by dieseld, Feb 8, 2009.

1. dieseld

dieseld Senior Member
    from 90210

I am looking to install the new style cutting edges with curb guards and center mushroom elimination on my 9'2" V this week. Anybody done this that has some pointers for me? Or anybody posted astep by step yet? Is it simple or very involved. I am tired of the trail my hoof leaves and love my new V without the hoof, so I am going to upgrade the older one. Thanks for any help.

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Not sure what you want to know. Just take the old one off and put the new one on.

3. dieseld

dieseld Senior Member
    from 90210

Not really. Poly needs to be cut and the center hoof is eliminated.

4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Sorry I didn't think you said poly plow.

5. azandy

azandy Member

I did this to a steel plow. Just a little cutting with a 4" grinder and it works great. I was told that this will only work on the steel RT-3 plows. Probably ask the dealer. These cutting edges eliminate all shoes and scrape better that the old style. Plus you will never have to look in the pile to retreive the rubber center piece and try to fix it to work again.

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

With the same trimming they'll fit the RT2's as well you just have to also drill the bolt holes to 5/8" in the wings.