1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

V plow controller

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by loyboy, Nov 11, 2014.

1. loyboy

loyboy Member
    from KCMO

Hooked the v plow up today and it reacted very strangely. Like the solenoid was out. So i replaced it and that seamed to help a little. I cleaned all the elect connections to all valves on power unit. It still acted erratically. Took the controller apart and noticed some corrosion on the circuit board. And by tracing the corrosion down to the wiring it makes sense to why and what was happening. SO I cleaned it all up and applied dielectric grease to the affected areas.

Has anyone else found this problem/ had any luck cleaning the corrosion and not have to buy a new $350 controller?

Thanks for your time.

2. 1997chevy

1997chevy Member

Mine acts up once in a while. Did your cleaning job help with the issue

3. loyboy

loyboy Member
    from KCMO

Have not tried it yet. I will post to thread after I do.

4. loyboy

loyboy Member
    from KCMO

Cleaning it did not help. Still not sure its the controller. A dealer is going to order me a new controller and let me try it to see if it works. If it does its $354payup. Lol To be continued..........