1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

V plow controller issue

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by yardsmith, Feb 28, 2015.

1. yardsmith

yardsmith Senior Member

Hey guys & gals; trying to get my backup truck ready for the mini blizzard coming tomorrow- when I turn on my boss controller, it immediately goes into lift mode unless I push the down button, & that overrides it, but the pump is still running to try & lift the plow, until I turn off the controller. Replaced the solenoid under the hood, but still didn't fix it. So I plugged in my controller from my other truck & no issues. So that tells me it's the controller.
    Anyone had this happen before? Any ideas? :dizzy:
    I will try & take the controller apart later tonight to see if I find anything inside. I really don't want to spend another 200+ for another controller........
  2. rjigto4oje

rjigto4oje PlowSite.com Addict

there's a guy on ebay that repairs controler his screen name is monitorepairs hes out of glen spey ny
    I have a western issue and I rember seeing his add that he repairs boss controlers
  3. rjigto4oje

4. seville009

seville009 Senior Member
    from CNY

Just to make sure it's the controller, plug the bad one into your other truck and see if you still have problem on the other ttuck.
  5. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

Assuming it's a Boss controller, you can buy the red up down switch, not to hard to replace.

Buy another controller and while you are at it, buy a spare motor - those are two parts that will stop you dead in your tracks with no work around in the middle of the night. - Solenoid too.
  6. FourDiamond

FourDiamond Senior Member

Great service. We just that him repair a western v plow controller last month. Quick service, fair price, can't ask for much more. Plus it's always nice to have a spare controller.
  7. rjigto4oje

I just got 2 controlers back from him 1 joystick and 1 fishstick it cost me less than 1 new board from the dealer. He fixes all kinds of stuff easy to deal with