1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

"V" Plow Comparisons

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by plowboy13032, Nov 9, 2009.

1. plowboy13032

plowboy13032 Junior Member
    from CNY

hi all, we do alota plown in the northeast and im lookn 2 buy another V plow. All my plows are hiniker but the snow dogg vx plow has me interested. My only concern is its heavy-dutiness, does anyone have comparison notes they could give me? thanx

2. show-n-go

show-n-go Senior Member

Do a search, there are at least 2 other threads with this info in them.

3. BrewCityTommy

BrewCityTommy Member

Snow dogg is a better value

ill give you my opinion-i would go for the snow dogg-for a few reasons. Boss does not offer a trip edge v. Neither boss nor western are stainless, the dogg plow will look very good for longer. I own a 8'5" vx and snow dogg customer service is a1-quick to lend a hand and they stand behind their product, smoorman on here has helped with questions i've had, and within in minutes! Lastly, value. I couldnt find one reason to justify the higher cost of the other v's on the market-the snow dogg is nearly a western mvp plus, except that it has a more expensive moldboard, in my opinion-a beefier a frame, just as fast of hydraulics, i prefer the doggs controller, and the dogg has a two year warranty, as does western-boss is only a 1 year....and the dogg is nearly $1000 cheaper.
    The only thing really different is the mount system, and i dont think a couple of seconds with the snow dogg is worth 1000 dollars and having to dick around with sanding and painting the moldboard every year....just my opinion, if youre concerned about the reliability of the snow dogg, if you look around youll see they are very well engineered.

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

The Snowdogg is a good unit but it is a chain lift unlike your Hinikers.

Why would you want another brand plow? Unhappy with your dealer, the plow's performance:confused:

Not down playing the Snowdogg, just curious.

5. plowman69

plowman69 Member
    from amherst

I love my v plow well built for less money I like the fact that you can swap from straight to v by switching the controler only

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

As with most manufacturers:nod:

7. plowman69

plowman69 Member
    from amherst

my western didn't have that where you could swap. different wiring

8. plowboy13032

from CNY

na, dealer is awesum and i stil like hiniker, but hiniker v's are going all poly now & i dont like the nonadjustable trip edge, they trip 2 easy. Also the poly blade is the only option for the power back wings, all other models are spring back.....

9. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

you need an adapter

What do you have againest poly?

10. plowboy13032

from CNY

like i said, we do alota plowing, Manufaturing plants & grocery stores for example, ya never know wat u will find with yer plow on the back side of the stores( pallets, scrap watever). Last yr was my first yr with a ploy and i already have sum deep slices & scrapes in it.It just makes me nervous i guess

11. BrewCityTommy

BrewCityTommy Member

just curious, but why are chains so disliked by some? ive only had chains-1 on a western (an old western), and now on my vx 8'5". is there an advantage for chainless plows? just curious-new to the biz

12. plowboy13032

from CNY

like i said, we do alota plowing, Manufaturing plants & grocery stores for example, ya never know wat u will find with yer plow on the back side of the stores( pallets, scrap watever). Last yr was my first yr with a ploy and i already have sum deep slices & scrapes in it.It just makes me nervous i guess ... btw, do ya find a big difference between chain lift vs no chain?

13. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

:dizzy: Wowzers, text much? :dizzy:

Might I suggest ESL classes?

Chains catch too much sand and get too hot in the sun. And you can stub your toe if they're left in the sand.

14. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Yes, I find a HUGE difference.:nod:
    I don't dis-like chains, just after using both I prefer the direct lift. There has been a years long debate of chain vs direct lift here on the site.
    A search of the site will bring up lots of discussion on the topic.

15. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic