1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

V plow Center pin

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by grantfisette, Dec 29, 2013.

1. grantfisette

grantfisette Junior Member

I bent my Center pin on my 9.2" v plow xt I had to cut it off to get it out. It will take me a while to get a new one. My question, is the pin made out of hardened steel or can I use 1" rod and make one.
  2. maxwellp

maxwellp PlowSite.com Addict

I have used a rod to repair both hinges before. I do not know if it is hardened but the cold rolded rod worked for years, never did put BOSS parts back in it. Had to fix it now, on a Sunday in the middle of the night.
  3. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Take a hacksaw or metal file to the pin you drove and see how easy they cut it. If they cut pretty easy it's soft and more than likely cold roll, if not it's probably case or flame hardened.

How did you bend it?
  4. grantfisette

grantfisette Junior Member

Thanks for the help,I'm going to try to cut the boss one. I broke the bottom of the wings I'm thinking it's the chunks of clay gravel the grader left on the edge of a road in the fall. Maybe it's the traction from my new duritracs on my superduty unreal traction.
  5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic