1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

V-Plow Back Dragging

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by exmark1, Dec 10, 2005.

1. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

I have a 8'6" Hiniker V-Plow 2005 model. Is there any way to keep the plow from try to pull to scoop position when back dragging snow away from garage doors etc...? Not a big deal and it doesn't do it all the time but it's annoying! Can I get stronger springs or locking cylinders or something?

Thanks

2. pinepointe

pinepointe Senior Member

I'm not exactly how to fix the problem, I have the same prob with the 9.5 hiniker if you find a fix please e-mail me at jplacka@yahoo.com

3. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

I tightened the springs on the v part of the plow and installed the Hiniker v-plow backdragging wings and it seems to work alot better! However it's not a perfect fix either!

4. golden arches

golden arches Senior Member

Suggest you contact Hiniker factory service department and outline your problem. I had a problem with my C plow triping (old style) too easily. Worked with the factory and they found the solution.

They are great to work with.

5. syNNer

syNNer Junior Member

some of the different v plows don't lock when backdragging to prevent you from ripping apart an angle cylinder if you catch something.

6. Novaguy65

Novaguy65 Junior Member

Hiniker V-plow

Hey guys,

Some news for you. This problem is no more. Hiniker is introducing a double-acting V-plow this year. You can also get all the parts to retrofit your current plow. Contact your dealer or rep or the factory and the will be glad to help. You can also get ahold of me if I can help. Take care and have a great day.

Greg

7. Ron's Lawncare

Ron's Lawncare Junior Member

boss makes a smart lock ram for this application. ( ihave them on mine) i don't know if they will work on other plows.

8. pinepointe

pinepointe Senior Member

I just had a chance to look at the 2007 v blade with the double acting cylinders, man what an improvement. Does anyone know how much it would cost to do a retrofit ????? :salute: happy plowin