1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

V plow and straight blade wiring question

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by pipelayer, Oct 10, 2014.

1. pipelayer

pipelayer Senior Member
    from CT

ok, so earlier this year i purchased my daily driver truck, and later an EZV plow from the same guy who used it on the truck, a MM2 3 wire/plug plow.. i then sold it to my buddy, and swapped out his port 1 controller harness, as well as the isolation module, because his truck was set up for a straight blade fisher, same 4 port setup, with the three in one wire controller harness. now, i was thumbing through a western thread, and there is an adapter they make, to go from V plow connection to straight, which would be the round set-pin type, to the 6 prong square adapter. would i be able to do that with a fisher, just to test straight blades and move them?
    because i do know this, when setting up a truck, 3 wire with the 3 port isolation module, you use that same type of adapter, to adapt to the straight plow controller, V it is where the pins are set with an older controller, no adapter needed, and with a newer fleetflex V controller, the adapter is used as well. i was just wondering, because with the fisher installs i have done, and repairs i have never had the need to operate both, and now that i deal with used blades, and my own trucks, it would be nice to be able to operate both without changing a harness and going that route. thanks.
  2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Go a few threads dwn, already a thread on this
  3. pipelayer

pipelayer Senior Member
    from CT

went to that thread, does not ask anything about the adapter, doesn't answer my question, just states again what I said I know will work, im asking If I can use the adapter that definitely works on the western, and that fisher makes as well, for a different application. Im wondering if I can use it rather than what that thread states.
  4. The adapter will only solve part of your issue. It adapts backwards, if you will, from EZV to straight blade. You still need a 7 pin truck side harness. That harness will operate both plows IF you have the straight blade controller AND the adapter.