1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

v plow and salters

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by gc3, Mar 11, 2013.

1. gc3

gc3 Senior Member

I have 8'2 vxt on a 2003 gmc 2500 hd.
    I have it set with the weight in the back now but if I put more weight or take it out it affects the plow skimming over the snow or unhooking it. I thought I couldn't put a salter on the back or in it cause of the weight before and after salting. I saw some pics of a v plow with a salter in the back with 2 pallets of salt bags back there also. A straight blade is ok but for a v plow with the weight differences before salting and with less bags when you're done, doesn't that affect the performance of the v plow when your supposed to have your ballast dialed in and not vary from it? Thanks

2. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Add a set of timberns to the front, and helper springs in the rear. Or rear timberns. that will help so when your bed is loaded with salt it won't throw off the mount height to much.

3. gc3

gc3 Senior Member

I've got the timbrens on the front already. Which one do you think is better for the rear so it won't drop hardly with alot of weight back there?

4. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

I couldnt say because I do not use them for the rear. A lot of guys use rear air bags as well.

5. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

I have Air Ride bags in the rear and the height barely moves with 3K lbs. of Magic in my Salty Dogg. Boss 9-2 up front,no problem with any plow function,including mount and dis mount.

6. gc3

gc3 Senior Member

Thanks, I'll look into those options and see which one works the best