1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

V-plow - 3rd season, worth??

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by jvm81, Jan 9, 2008.

1. jvm81

jvm81 Senior Member
    from Midwest

Looking at a selling a truck and the guys is interested but what about the plow he ask. It is a V-plow, 3 rd season in use and really in good condition. It is set up on a Chevy 2500HD 2002. Take it off and replace on another truck or try to sell this one with it. Wondering what the V is worth??
  2. jvm81

jvm81 Senior Member
    from Midwest

No idea of value?
  3. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

Depends if it had dual acting locking cylinders and the overall shape. I have a guy who subs for me that paid $2500.00 for a similar sounding deal last year.

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

$2,500 sounds about right for a realworld price if you want to sell it. If you decide to sell let me know I'd be interested. Where are you located? and what size?
  5. HinikerPrototyp

HinikerPrototyp Member

The locking cylinders would be on the newer vees I believe, when back dragging with a v in the straight the cylinder will hold the wing from going forward wich makes a awesome back drag plow., $2500 sounds dirt cheep for a v plow what size is it a 8'6"? I have a 9'-6 that im thinking about selling cause i dont use it much at all since i been proto typing plows.