1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by FISHERBOY, Aug 18, 2009.

FISHERBOY Senior Member

Any one hav any idea on how to free a v-box chain, stupit fisher puts a cover over the shaft on the gear box so u can't use a pipe wrench to free it:angry: which i've done before with other spreaders
  2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Fluid Film, PB Blaster, ATF/Acetone mixture. Spray the whole chain down and come back in a week. Or you can pull the chain off. I've never done it, but know it's possible.
  3. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Fluid Film the thing and let it sit overnight.....FF is the best stuff.
  4. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I hadn't taken the bucket off my skid steer for 3 years. The handles wouldn't even move. All it does is load salt so it was pretty rusted. It took me 4 days spraying FF but it came off. No damage at all.
    I would spray it with FF and let it sit. I spray all my salters with FF before I put them away.
  5. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I intended to do that this spring, too......

FF is the way to go. Spray, come back in a couple days, spray again. Give it a week, it should come right apart.