1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

ok guys ,

i have a used buyers vbox for sale. it is a sch910 i beleive (dont have it here in front of me) i will post pics later if anyone is interested

I just purcahsed this unit over the summer, and rebuilt it. I just got a new dump truck , with a cental hydro , so will not be needing it, and my stoage space is at a premium ,

I pulled the drag chain off of it, let it soak in oil for 2 weeks. every link bends freely

All 4 bearings are NEW. the electonic throttle is new. starter is new. new battery cables , new solinoid ... All bolts were replaced with SS, for easy service in coming years

This unit starts, runs, just fine. It has spread about 10 tons already this year , spread pattern is even , and flows out at a good rate (which could be adjusted) i estimate the acctual throw distance to be 30-35 feet on average

It has Electric start, and Pull starter as a back up. Full control panel with momentary/and on 3 way switch. Throttle and choke, clutch, and starter all controlled in the cab

new paint job , currently western red. Ill paint it what ever you want, i have the time and tools

The Bad on the unit 1. the bottom of it has started to rust, like most v boxes due. It doesnt effect its running , or structual straigth

the enigne Cover , needs some welding , has some rust, not terrible

the spinner assembly , has seen better days. i would use it the rest of this season , then plan on a new one next year, the spinner it self and bearings are good its just the chute

other than that this is really a nice spreader , i put alot of TLC in it already. the Hopper has 100% good, solid steel , it was powered coated from the factory, and the powder coat was in good shape, just fadded yelllow from the sun, thats the only reason we painted it

I would like to get out what i paid if possible that might not happen , im willing to exept fair offers

I paid 750 for the spreader, and put 250 in parts.. plus lots of labor so im gonna ask $1100. Let me know , Item can be picked up or i will deliver in a short mile area of 50 miles depending on buying price

2. elite1msmith

from chicago

bump.......

3. elite1msmith

from chicago

i know you guys want to buy it......

4. elite1msmith

from chicago

hey , i still got it.... ill give it away cheap

5. michaelo2790

michaelo2790 Member
    from chicago

6. elite1msmith

from chicago

i dont have it here at home, but ill go out tomarow and get them ... as stated..the chute isnt that great , but could be used the rest of this season

the motor runs good

the entire drag chain was taken apart, it sat in oil for 2 weeks

new bearings, new electornic throttle. so there isnt that much more that could go wrong

7. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

Will this fit in a shortbed pickup truck?

8. elite1msmith

from chicago

ummm... im gonna say no but i guess it could

i have about 1 foot of room between my glass and the spreader , maybe a little more.... so i guess it depends on the lenth of ur truck bedexactly , i could measure it for u tomarrow

9. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

I have a 6 1/2 ft. bed.

10. Iowalawn

Iowalawn Member
    from Iowa

PM sent ...

11. elite1msmith

from chicago

no pm here?

12. Iowalawn

Iowalawn Member
    from Iowa

sent it did you get it?

13. elite1msmith

from chicago

sorry gus it was getting kinda late heres a few pics,...i get a few more tommarow,

salt 1.jpg

salt 2.jpg

salt 3.jpg

salt 4.jpg

s alt 5.jpg

14. elite1msmith

from chicago

item is sold , thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.