1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

v box

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by A&MLANDSCAPING, Sep 22, 2010.

1. A&MLANDSCAPING

A&MLANDSCAPING Junior Member

im going to be buying a v box for one of my pickups and i dont know if i should get an airflow or a western ice bracker what do you guy think

2. timberseal

timberseal Senior Member
    from 46385

Salt Dogg :) Best value for the money in my opinion. SHP1500 or 2000

3. FLC2004

FLC2004 Senior Member

I'd go electric with a tornado 1.5 or 1.8 depending on size of the bed. Have you considered poly?

4. VIPHGM

VIPHGM Senior Member

snow ex best quality and value... a little pricey but worth every dollar and will last for years go with the new VeeMaxx 8500 or something with the new inverted V auger system

5. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

I cant speak about my experiences with the Western spreaders. I have 2 Airflo slide in , one with Briggs, other with Honda, Both spreaders are 10 years old and have held up extremely well. We remove and wash our spreaders after almost every use and store them indoors. We have replaced some parts over the years, including the briggs motor.

I would not hesitate to buy another Air Flo should I require another slide in salter.

6. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

To answer your question, I'd go with the Airflow.

As for the poly spreaders, SnowEx, Tornado, etc.......well it's my opinion that most who have them haven't ran a conveyor type box, and/or don't do heavy commercial salting. Usually in time guys with poly boxes upgrade to conveyor type ones. Poly boxes do the job, conveyor ones do it better.

7. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

Go SnowEx...Great Spreaders!

8. Kubota 8540

Kubota 8540 PlowSite.com Addict

I had never owned anything but Flink or Western V Boxes up to the time I bought this 3 point spreader. The Westerns were great, but being able to spread with this 3 pt. from 10' -80 ' per pass carrying 3,000 pounds is the ANSWER. So i guess I would tell you go with Westerns?

9. A&MLANDSCAPING

A&MLANDSCAPING Junior Member

well i enden up geting an airflow got a good deal on it and thought id try some thing new thanks for the help

10. JeffNY

JeffNY Senior Member

you wont regret it

11. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

Good choice.