1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

v-box with auger

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by bad93blaster, Dec 11, 2009.

1. bad93blaster

bad93blaster Member

does anybody make a stainless 2yd sander with a auger? kinda want to stay away from the plastic ones.

2. bad93blaster

bad93blaster Member

so its either a poly setup or conveyor style stainless?

3. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

4. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I have a plastic spreader (PolyCaster) and wish I didn't. Backed into some trees, and cracked it. I can still use it, but it's going to be over $2 grand to fix it. I have no choice to replace the whole hopper. SS can be pounded, cut, welded, riveted, etc. I love the electric motor, would never go gas again. I believe Air-Flow makes a SS spreader, with two electric motors. That's what I would be looking at next.

Any reason you specify auger over bed chain?

5. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

Well just keep an eye out for those trees. They can come out of no where.

6. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

That's why I'm building a beefy steel guard around my new salt dogg.There's actually a whole bunch more snow banks than trees I have to worry about.And of course you always have to worry about the Paris Hilton types driving behind you way too closely.

7. terraventure

terraventure Member

I don't worry about backing into things I am more worried about idiots in their SUV's running into me. I took out a full replacement insurance policy on my salter just for that reason.

8. bad93blaster

bad93blaster Member

stailess is easy to repair. poly is a $2,300 part every time it breaks.

i like the idea of the auger because nothing falls under it so it will easy to clean the truck after

9. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I have a bumper that slides in my receiver hitch. It helps, but in this case the trees were leaning in towards the truck.

10. 04chevy2500

04chevy2500 Senior Member

i like the looks of the smith spreaders. anyone know what a 6 ft model would run $$$?