1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

V-Box vs. Undermount

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Bporter, Dec 8, 2007.

1. Bporter

Bporter Senior Member

I really need some imput from the guys that have used V-box but have switched over to undermount for a dump truck. I have a F-350 Dump with this huge V-box spreader in I think its kind of bulk and a pain to fill due to the fact the loader bucket it wider than the V-box and makes big mess. But everything is hydraulics and I'm thinking about converting and getting an undermount. and would like some oppions thanks.
    Brian Porter
    Reliable Snow Removal

2. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

just put the like a slide on the front or the back of ur v box. so like at the front or the back it would have like a spoiler that would lean in to the box. dump the salt and it slides right in. my dad works for the city service department here and the 988 bucket was to big for the 5tons so thered be salt all over the place. not anymore

3. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

I bought our first undermount last year and let me tell ya. Its the bomb! You have way more control with 10 auger speeds and 11 spinner speeds you have total control. The only way you can control amounts with a v box is by closing the shoot.I think we paid about $6500 for the whole set up and we can haul about 5tons at a time. To buy a 5 ton capacity v box you would probably spend $6000 so there is not a whole lot of difference.