1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

V-Box Vibrator Question?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by adksnowo, Jan 8, 2007.

1. adksnowo

adksnowo Senior Member

We exclusivly use salted sand in our v-box spreader. Depending on the temperature and conditions of the sand we get a lot of "bridging" action. It is a PITA to have to get out an beat the sand in the hopper like a madman and not really productive, either. I guess a vibrator is the solution, but how big, which one, etc.?? The spreader is a 6' Swenson Mini-Vee. When everything is right it spreads great but sometimes it seems it would be easier to huck sand with a shovel out the back of the truck as opposed to using the spreader. Anyone with any tips or thoughts on what I should do? Thanx. :help:

2. Bob Church

Bob Church Member

V-Box Vibrators

Karrier Company has a vibrator to fix your problem. A single high performance Z-200 Sure-Flow kit will probably do the trick. You certainly don't want to add too much vibration and damage your equipment, so we make a single and twin Z-200 vibrator kit for V-boxes. You take a big chance of breaking welds if you jump to a 400 pound force or larger vibrator.

The general rule of thumb is to use a single Sure-Flow Z-200 on spreaders up to 2 yard capacity level loaded and the twin kit on higher capacity spreaders or if you use side boards or mound the material in the hopper.

This product is backed by a 30 month warranty and is priced right at only $249.00.

See it online at www.karrierco.com or call toll free 800-709-4434 for sales or technical assistance.

Bob

3. elmo1537

elmo1537 Senior Member

This product kicks a$$. We just bought one and it was one of the best investment I have made since I bought my v plow.

4. Bob Church

Bob Church Member

Thanks Elmo

I glad we make your job easier.

Bob