1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

V-Box v Spreader v. Tailgate Spreaders....

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Alllandscape, Oct 24, 2007.

1. Alllandscape

Alllandscape Junior Member

Hello,

I was wondering which would be the most cost-effective way to spread rocksalt/magic salt if I only had 1 place, a condominium with about two hundred units.

Would it be worth it to buy a V-box to quickly spread the salt and use my skid steer to load the salt?

Or would 50lb bags in a tailgate spreader be better?

Or just fertilizer spreaders????? A few men and a few 50 lb bags????

I have given up 30 residential customers. And a few other commercial accounts to do this.

I have two F350's with plows, a bob cat with a plow, and some snowblowers. I expect a crew of 4-5 people this winter.

2. DAFFMOBILEWASH

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

V Box Spreader.

Cheeper and more efficient than other methods. As you grow you woun't be dissapointed with the bulk salt v box approach.

Put on a seperate unit you could salt your condo places and sub contract to your friends during a storm. Or use it as the back up unit (plow) and full time salter.

The options are endless and the doors of oportunity will open in time, so be ready.