1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

v box stand

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by gamberbull13, Jan 24, 2010.

1. gamberbull13

gamberbull13 Senior Member

anyone fab up an economical and effective v box stand to load and store there box, tird of having to wait when theres a couple guy around to help.wesport

2. delcosnow14

delcosnow14 Junior Member

i use a home depot flat cart the ones for drywall and plywood with some pieces of wood to build it up as high as my bed. i push it onto it and then when the time comes i push it back in. works pretty good

3. delcosnow14

delcosnow14 Junior Member

i use a home depot flat cart the ones for drywall and plywood with some pieces of wood to build it up as high as my bed. i push it onto it and then when the time comes i push it back in. works pretty good

4. gamberbull13

oh yeah and how did we aquire said cart of home depot origin lol

5. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

We added brackets to the back and middle rib of the V-box, one side is a circle the other is a rectangle, we have fork extensions for our skidsteers and load/unload in about a min longer than it takes to remove the binders and unplug the unit, then we put them up on warehouse shelving in the yard for storage. We can have all 5 of our V-Boxes loaded on trucks, tied down, plugged in and loaded with salt and ready to roll in under an hour with 2 guys. Sure beats chaining and hoping and guiding and in and out and all the other grief of the "old way". In a bind one guy can handle this operation on his own.

6. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

8x16 masonry blocks with 4x4's or 2x4's on top

7. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

buy some metal, (steel) and weld something up, you do know how to weld right.. but to w/e had the home depot cart, how do you sneak one of those away??

8. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

i have been debating this same thing, i am picturing a stand welded from 2 7/8inch drill stem, with 2 cheap comealongs one in the front one in the back, back the truck under, hook the comealongs on crank it up a bit, and away you go should be easily done by one person.

9. gamberbull13

I drew up some plans tonight for a wooden cart,gonna try and build it this week will post a pic, the plan is to make a rack inside and then a motor breaktown top once the salter gets put up for summer. was thinkin an aluminium tray top with a drain in it, maybe a line x coating too so parts dont scoot around , dont know if that would hold up to solvents tho, will post some pics when done thanks for the input, oh and maybe even some kinda ring to snap into pintle to hold still while pushing salter of truck and onto cart. thanks for all the input, the home depot cart made me think

10. sven1277

sven1277 Senior Member

The other way to go if you don't have equipment to lift it is to build a four post frame out of pt 4by4's for the posts and 2by6's for the frame and diagonal supports. Back your truck underneath and use the tiedown straps to lift it out of your bed one corner at a time. I hang my v-box inside my barn this way, but from the ceiling joists. Its cheap, easier than welding, and will last.

11. U1200

U1200 Member

I have a stand for my V box it's basically a ladder type frame that the spreader is attached to. It has wheels in front, swing up legs in the middle and a long travel bulldog trailer tounge jack in the back. To mount it up you back the edge of your bed under the wheels a foot or so. Then jack the back end up so the wheels go down onto the bed and it picks the middle legs up off the ground. Now your ready to back the truck under the spreader which rolls on the wheels all the way into the bed. Now let your jack down so the rest of the spreader is sitting on the truck bed and remove the jack. Plug it in, ratchet it down and youre ready to go. Probably takes 5-10 mins and you can take the spreader off anywhere theres decent ground.

12. gamberbull13

What about some pics u1200 that winds sweet

13. gamberbull13

Finally posting

Finally get my pics up let me know what you guys think . took me about two hours or so

Loadandunload.jpg

2010-02-01_16.20.41.jpg