1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

V-box spreaders

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by snowpusher tim, Feb 14, 2009.

1. snowpusher tim

snowpusher tim Junior Member
    from MN

I am beginning the info gathering of different makes and models of v-boxes. Want to hear what you guys are using and why. I have a F-250 with a 6'6" box. What would you guys recommend for me? Heard good things about Sno Ex, and Blizzard also.
  2. newlooklandscp

newlooklandscp Senior Member
    from Midwest

Go with the salt dog or snowex spreader. Your choice on the brand. I prefer the salt dogg. Good unit never seems to break down. SnowEx's customer support is not the greatest either.
  3. snowpusher tim

from MN

I seen a used Sno Ex on CL. I called the guy, he says he bought it this fall, and has already bought a Sno Ex 8500 or a 9500. So he is selling the 7500 for $4,200. Is that a good price? Has about 10 tons ran through it.
  4. sparksrides

sparksrides Senior Member

$4,200 seams high you could get a new one for that much i saw one on cl for $2000 here in PA . one of the guys i sub off has a snoex and he has had his share of problems he has been through 3 controllers, what it was is the auger james because they should have a plate over top of it but his has rotted away and when it james it burns the controller. also he has had a lot of problems with the couplers where it plugs in at the back of the truck. now take in to consideration that this guy doesn't relay take care of his equipment that well if it was mine i bet half of his problems would not have happened I think it all about how you take care of your stuff
  5. snowpusher tim

from MN

The for your .02 on Sno Ex. Do you anything about Snow Dogg?
  6. gd8boltman

gd8boltman Senior Member

My Snow-Ex 8000 has been very reliable, have

had 0 issues, have run approx. 130 tons through it. My only issue is it seems to throw material to the right side more than the center. Have the extra vibrator, will do 70% salt 30% sand no problem, 50/50 tends to plug on occasion. Each person has their own preference and has had their own experiences positive or negative.