1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

v-box spreaders- which one?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by fortydegnorth, Aug 15, 2005.

1. fortydegnorth

fortydegnorth Senior Member

I am in the market for a v-box and would like some input. I am in south-west Ohio and have found the most common spreaders are Henderson, Swenson, Buyers, Sno-way and Air-Flo. Please let me know your opinions on reliability and quality of build. I have narrowed my selection only on price so far between the Air-Flo and Buyers, both around $3000-$3500 for stainless. My only concern with the Buyers is my neighbor bought an 8' stainless model with the Tecumseh engine and had nothing but problems with the engine. After numerous trips to the dealer they were told to run premium gas only and it seemed to help some. Is the Air-Flo any better than Buyers? Let me know if I'm waisting my time with either of these spreaders and should just save my money to buy a sno-way or swenson. Thanks for the help!

2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Do yourself a favor if you're going with a gas motor. Get a Western or Fisher (made by the same people) with the optional Honda motor. You've already found out why.

I've had mine four years so far - zero problems.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2005
  3. echovalley

echovalley Senior Member
    from CT

I have 4 sanders all snoway's with the 9hp briggs they have been great.I use full synthetic oil in the motor,and mystery oil in the fuel[makes me sleep better at night last year we had many a night 20+ below with the windchill]