1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

V-Box Spreaders: Gas vs. Electric

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by chris pitkin, Dec 7, 2013.

1. chris pitkin

chris pitkin Junior Member

We have 2 gas and 1 electric. We purchased both gas used and the electric new. It seems like we are always fixing/tweaking/tinkering with the gas machines. The electric was left in the shop as back up. But recently we had to use the electric and after a few rounds are having problems with the spinner motor. It was purchased a few years ago and has been used less than 20 times.

We are trying to decide which way to go: change everything over to electric or stick with gas? Please offer your thoughts and experience - thanks

2. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff PlowSite.com Addict

I had electric and now have gas. Love the power of the gas. They need to be impeccable maintained however. If its neglected they will be of course a pain in the ass. We have 24 hour shop service around here so rarely do I ever have issues where im totally screwed with a gas. If an electric motor goes your definitely screwed for the storm.

3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Wasn't this just discussed? And I thought electric won? Like a search would have been a good tool

4. chris pitkin

I spent 10 minutes looking - show me where it is.....I would love to read it

5. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

6. chris pitkin

7. snocrete

snocrete Banned

8. chris pitkin

Thank you!