1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

V box spreader

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by onemancrew, Dec 19, 2009.

1. onemancrew

onemancrew Member
    from NW,IA

I found a V box spreader this week the motor runs it's used and orange. The chain is in good shape it has all the control for the cab with it. It's fix in the long box pickup the guy wants $800.00 dollars for it. Is this a good buy or not?
  2. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

This time of year, any running and operating spreader thats not all rotted out is probably worth that. Orange, huh? Henderson Chief maybe?

If its what you need, offer $600 and let him pull you up a bit.
  3. fairrpe86

fairrpe86 Senior Member

Henderson, Monroe, Swenson, who else makes an orange spreader? We have all three of those in our fleet.
  4. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

Curtis ........
  5. onemancrew

onemancrew Member
    from NW,IA

Thanks i'll call them in the morning. We had 1/2in of the white stuff some poeple called so I need to go to work.
  6. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

The only Swensons and Monroes I've seen around here are yellow, but that could be a repaint even... forgot about Curtis...

Just look the machine over really well. Remember, if the steelwork is still in decent shape, everything else is replaceable.... but even if everything else is good and the steel is rotten, you're still just living on borrowed time. Unless of course you're a welder with lots of time on your hands! :laughing:
  7. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

post some pics