1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

v box spreader

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by BossPlowGuy04, Dec 9, 2009.

1. BossPlowGuy04

BossPlowGuy04 Senior Member
    from novi Mi

hey guys i go though about 1.5-2 tons of salt every time i go out. Right now im useing a little salt dog tailgate spreader that holds 300lbs "something like that". I want to get a vbox spreader but the problem is i only have a half ton truck. are there any vbox spreaders i could put in my truck?
  2. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

you could put in anything that will fit a 2500,3500 just can't fill it up . something small (if it's a short bed) might be like a snow-ex 6000 or 7550, even the 8500 would fit a short bed but for the cost vs how little weight you can carry and how little salt you use it wouldn't be the best value .imo ...
  3. kcplowman

kcplowman Member

y not a stainless 6ft salt dogg v box they only hold 1.3 yards that would be a good fit for a half ton a touch on the heavy sid ewhen full but that wont last too long
  4. jlouki01

jlouki01 Senior Member

You could run the Snow Ex 6000 i think or the Western Tornado 1.8 cu yd.