1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

v-box spreader-snow blower

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by CARDOCTOR, Jul 26, 2006.

1. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

thinking about get a v-box spreader this yr . looking for suggestions as to where to put the snow blower ?have a swing away now which makes carrying the blower real easy but swinging a skid of salt each storm was getting old last yr.
    john

2. JD PLOWER

JD PLOWER PlowSite.com Veteran

Single stage or two stage?

3. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

do you need to carry a blower when you spread salt? if so, you could fit it on a flatbed.

4. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

i have a singl stage toro the truck is a regular cab 8ft bed

john

5. JD PLOWER

JD PLOWER PlowSite.com Veteran

Since the blower is single stage I would think it should fit in the rear of the bed with the front facing the side of the spreader. If the blower discharge shoot will not clear the spreader body you could always raise the spreader up by installing two 4"x4" pieces of wood under the spreader to get the clearance needed.

6. Italiano67

Italiano67 Senior Member

It is real simple. Just move the vbox over to one side just a bit to allow your blower to fit in along side. I have done it like this and works fine. Just a bit now, dont get carried away.