1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

V-Box spreader Maint. and Storage?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by SnowGodFather, Dec 3, 2002.

1. SnowGodFather

SnowGodFather Member

What do you all do?

I just bought a few, and am almost completely though with using bagged salt.

I have been told to spray them down with diesel fuel, keorseen, and/or used oil.

And lube em up real good.

2. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

We use Lubra-Seal, from Rhomar Industries. That stuff really works good. It's NOT cheap, but it works.

~Chuck

3. Mike Nelson

Mike Nelson Senior Member

Ditto on the Lubra-seal works real well!

4. KLMlawn

KLMlawn Member

Save all the oil from when I change it out in the mowers during the summer and coat the inside of the hopper and chain after every storm and then again real good before packing it up for the summer ... haven't had any problems yet.
    I would be interested in finding a better method though, where would I be able to find Lubra-seal?

Last edited: Dec 9, 2002
  5. SnowGodFather

SnowGodFather Member

Kryn, I did the used oil after I cleaned it out real good with soapy warm water and a good rinse.

6. landscaper3

landscaper3 Senior Member

We use corn oil.