1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

v box spreader incab hookup question

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by wahlturfcare, Jan 8, 2009.

1. wahlturfcare

wahlturfcare Senior Member

i have a monroe incab controller that i am putting on a briggs 15hp motor with a fuel shut off wire and was wondering how i could hook it up in the controll box? To kill the motor you have to throttle down(electric throttle) and start you hold the momentary start button. Could i hook it to the momentary one? or should i just mount a seperate switch on the box for the fuel?

2. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

the fuel shut off wire, at least the ones that i have delt with , need post power to them , in oder to keep the fuel going... so if it has a key switch you can wire it to that...or just a seperate toggle switch will work. It will have to be in the on position while your running the motor

15hp? thats big , i assume this is on a larger spreader , not a 2 yr v box?

3. wahlturfcare

i tested the controller and it has full power on 2 terminals and when i hit the start button i get power on that terminal until i let go of the switch. the same goes for the throttle switch too.

4. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

as i under stand it.... you push the switch to engauge the stater? i have seen that before.
    but you will need power to it, the eintre time the motor is running, not jsut on the start up. how do you kill the system currently?

5. wahlturfcare

right now you have to start the motor outside as the key is mounted to the side of the back(older swenson) and i am putting a electric throttle on it so i can run it inside instead.

6. gary42095

gary42095 Member

a 3? position switch off- on- momentary is what you want. with switch off... pump is off, with switch on fuel is on in momentary.. starter is engaged untill you let off... when you let off switch returns to on position and your done., there should be a way to hook ignition to the off side of the switch as well to ground it out so you don't need to throttle down to shut it off.

my down easter sander has 3 switches. one is off-on- start. one is throttle up-down and third is clutch in one position and momentary in the other for spot salting