1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

V-Box size question.

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by CTPlow, Mar 28, 2005.

1. CTPlow

CTPlow Member

Would you need an 8 foot bed or do they make v-box sanders for 6 1/2 as well? I'm looking to buy another truck and just want to have the option to eventually put a spreader with it.
    Thanks in advance. :)

2. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

You can buy a 6' model but it will most likely run you the same price as a 8'. loading a 6' will be a little harder if you are buying from a bulk place as most of them use backhoes or larger to load your truck.
  3. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Yes you can buy a 6 ft spreader. Its not that much cheaper than a 8 ft. I buy bulk salt and have a 6 ft snow ex Vee Pro 8000. It holds 1.5 yds and my bulk salt supplier has no problems loarding me. He may spill a little behind the truck but no big deal. The thing I like about the 6 ft spreader is I can leave my tool box in the bed of the truck, or take the tool box out and have room for a hand spreader and snowblower in front of the spreader.

Regards Mike
  4. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine