1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

v box salt spreaders for sale

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by ACA Landscaping, Nov 14, 2007.

1. ACA Landscaping

ACA Landscaping Member

hello i currently have a total of 3 vboxs i'm in need of selling. i'm losing my storage and don't have room at new place. these units were used beginning of last yr until switching to electric models.

1} 10 ft western vbox, 10.5 tecumseh electric start, electric throttle control, all wiring and controls for inside of truck. this unit was completely gone thru 2 yrs ago with new clutch, complete gear box, all new bearings, new factory drag chain, chains, sprockets, ect. the gear box went out on it in the middle of a storm and it was just easier to torch and replace everything than trying to get it apart, total bill for rebuild was 1800, motor ran good last yr, missing the man pull cord to start it. has normal rust but no rust thru on box.

2} 8 ft western vbox , 10.5 tecumseh electric start, electric throttle control, all wiring and controls for inside truck, also missing manual pull start. spreader ran good beginning of last season. has normal rust but no rust thru on box.

3} 8 ft henderson chief stainless box , 10.5 tecumseh electic start, manual cable throttle control, all wiring and controls for inside truck although i think cable is frozen i might be able to free but not sure, inside is very good safe obv since its stainless. has the external battery box built in and last yr i put a new clutch on it but it needs a new drag chain.

i'll try to put pics on email me if they don't show up. i'm going to try to make it out to the shop tom and visibly inspect and try to start and run them to make sure there pretty much ready to go other than what i've stated. as for a price i guess i'm up for offers i didn't really think i'd be selling them but have no room for them here and can't keep them where they currently are so they gotta go. located 20 mins north of cincy in ross, ohio can help with delivery for a small fee. email me with any questions you might have. take care COULDN'T GET PICS TO LOAD SO I SET UP A PHOTOBUCKET ACCOUNT FOR VIEWING IF YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEMS LET ME KNOW AND I CAN EMAIL YOU THEM JUST GO TO http://s231.photobucket.com/albums/ee16/saltspreader/?mediafilter=all

Last edited: Nov 14, 2007
  2. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

how much for em?

3. Stove

Stove Member

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

4. ACA Landscaping

ACA Landscaping Member

alright guys got a chance to get out to the shop and take a quick look at them and heres what i found.

8 ft stainless henderson chief it has a 8.5 briggs and stratton not a 10.5 tec it fired right up and idled perfect new clutch was perfect of course but the drag chain is really really thin in some places and when i tried to break free the drag chain came apart in a few places it needs a drag chain put in it and it would work perfect. since its stainless its in great shape. i priced a drag chain and found that there 335 at central parts warehouse shouldn't be that hard to change so i'll take 1000 for it.

8 ft western steel 10.5 tec started right up but had a hard time keeping it running might just need a quick tune up. also not sure it i had a wire not connected or what but couldn't seem to get the electric throttle to work, drag chain is in good shape, box is in pretty decent shape not rusted thru but does has alot of rust and the engine cover is pretty rusted. ran fine last yr but sat all summer without being started but i'd say with a quick tune up and possibly a new electric throttle control it will be ready to go. with that being said i'd take 850 for it

lastly the 10 ft western steel with 10.5 tec fired up a few times than starter seemed to be weak and couldn't get it to crank anymore so would def will need starter replaced this spreader was actually the best running last yr out of all of them ran great but its at the bottom and hard to get to and work on and ran out of time. the box is rusty with only a few places on the top rail where its rusted decent the box and such is pretty solid also the engine cover on this one is very rusted. but this is the one that i just put 1800 worth of new parts on such as gear box, all bearings, new clutch , all new shafts , new factory drag chain. it was every moving part minus the engine. with that being said i'll take 1250 for it the drag chain alone since it was a high capacity and 10 ft was over 750. if i get time this weekend i might try to get new starter and get it going but not sure if i'll have time. i'll keep you guys posted

i'm just trying to be as honest as i possibly can on my end so not to waste mine or anybody else's time with a little work all three of these can easily be ready to go this yr and be reliable machines really don't have the time nor storage to work on these i will make a deal on all 3 because i really do need to move them can aid in delivery for a small fee if it helps. please email me with any questions you might have thanks for your time

5. ACA Landscaping

ACA Landscaping Member

alright guys really need to move these so i'm up for offers!!!!! have no room for them so i thought i'd give it a try on here before putting them on ebay . so email me with any and all offers and trades. thanks Acagroundscare@aol.com

6. Keith_480231

Keith_480231 Senior Member

Do you have any pics of any of these????

7. ACA Landscaping

ACA Landscaping Member

i have a link at end of original post that have several pics of them.

8. 98Chevy2500

98Chevy2500 Senior Member

ACA

I am very interested if you still have the 8 's. Please let me know asap.

brandc@fuse.net

9. Keith_480231

Keith_480231 Senior Member

Yeah if you have a 8 footer left I will come and see with $$$$$$$$$$.

10. ACA Landscaping

ACA Landscaping Member

hey guys sorry about not getting back to you yesterday but was out of town for thanksgiving. anyway still have them if anyone is interested pm,email or call me at 513-293-1195 thanks again

11. ACA Landscaping

ACA Landscaping Member

8 ft stainless henderson is sold. ready to make someone a deal on 2 remaining units the 8 ft and 10 ft western. like i stated before i put over 1800 in the 10fter in parts alone purchased both for 3000 so i have almost 5 gs in them both willing to part with both for less than the new parts , take them both for 1750 pm me if interested or call at 513-293-1195 take care

12. 98Chevy2500

98Chevy2500 Senior Member

Free Bump !!!

13. ACA Landscaping

ACA Landscaping Member

alright guys down to crunch time moved out of shop no place to store i'll take 1400 for the pair!!! pics are in the first post click link to see um! thanks

14. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

i would love that 8' western but i just cant get down there with that amount of cash right now. id have to trailer it back up because my plow truck is not expressway worthy HA!

about how much does that box weigh by the way

15. ACA Landscaping

ACA Landscaping Member

8 fter is about 700 or so and 10 fter is close to a 1000. prob going to pick up 8 fter on monday and clean carb and tune up to see if i can get it ready to go will update after i do that. also terrapro i'll be going up to findlay ohio in a few weeks not sure where in mich you are but could drive it up there and save you a few hrs. just let me know

16. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

yahoo says an extra 121.7 miles or 1hr 49 min. i live in howell michigan its about 15-20 minutes west of US23/75. if you get it in running condition and truck it up here for me name your price and ill see what i can do.

thanks
    cole

17. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

Do you still have the 8footer? Could pick it up w/ cash this week end Thanks.

18. ACA Landscaping

ACA Landscaping Member

yeah still have the 8 going to pick it up later today and service it so its 100 percent ready to go. just let me know you can call me at 513-293-1195 if you wish. thanks

19. ACA Landscaping

ACA Landscaping Member

hey guys went to shop picked up 8 fter and tuned it up , completely disassembled carbed and cleaned, new plug , new air cleaner and now spreader is 100% ready to go . so will be putting on ebay mid week if it doesn't sell here. will be updating photos tommorrow