1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

V-box/ salt spreader

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Spencer's, Jan 6, 2011.

1. Spencer's

Spencer's Junior Member

i was looking at getting a v-box and a tailgate spreader. I want to get a v-box but i don't know witch kind to get. and a tailgate spreader. again i don't know what kind to get. you guys have any suggestions on witch one is the best out there for the money vaule?
  2. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

I have a Sno-Ex spreader of each kind. Like them both. Most guys around here are using Buyers (Salt Dogg) V'boxes it seems. I think I am one of the only guys that still uses Sno-Ex. Buyers are cheaper by a lot. I haven't decided what I want to buy next time, but am leaning towards a Salt Dogg. Western also seems to make a pretty decent one, but they are kinda pricey.
  3. clark lawn

clark lawn PlowSite.com Addict
    from NE ohio

i run snow ex. i like the all electric, dont have to mess with an engine that doesnt want to start at 3am when it 0 outside.