1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

V Box Salt Spreader Good Condition Central Ohio $1600 OBO

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by prairiecreeklaw, Jan 2, 2010.

1. prairiecreeklaw

prairiecreeklaw Junior Member
    from ohio

I am selling a curtis TS17 salt spreader. Unit has a 5 hp honda motor(GC160). Machine has not been used at all this season. The motor fires write up all the time. I have recently taken the entire unit apart and sanded, primered, and painted the whole machine. This unit is not rusted out like many spreaders you will find. The drag chain is in good condition and everything works as it should. The curtis spreaders are top of the line when it comes to salting. These units use hydrolics to turn the spinners and drag chains making them a lot easier to work on and less likly to break down. I am located in London, Ohio and will help with delivery and/or loading. I am willing to trade for a boss, western, or meyer tailgate spreader. Some new parts include new coil for spreader, new spinner, new hydrolic line, and new filters. I am asking $1600 OBO. I need to sell this unit because I have a lot of bills to pay. Phone number is 740-837-0718. Please do not call if you are not interested. Serious inquires only
  2. donduck

donduck Junior Member

Do you have any pics of it? Is it remote started and controlled from cab?
  3. turb0diesel

turb0diesel Senior Member

4. prairiecreeklaw

prairiecreeklaw Junior Member
    from ohio

Here are some before and after pics of the unit. I do not have any pics of it put back together yet. If your interested let me know and I will send more.

5. grasmancolumbus

grasmancolumbus Senior Member

is it all put back together ?