1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

V-Box Pintle Chain adjustment

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by porabjr, Jan 31, 2016.

1. porabjr

porabjr Member

I am running a Curtis 1.7 yard gas hydro steel spreader. I have 2 questions. The chain should have been replaced at start of season, but I thought I could get just 1 more year. It is adjusted to the max, but still too loose. Anything I can do to get me through the season. Also, the spinner disk itself is loose. How can I hold the shaft so I can break the frozen nut free to retighten it?

2. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

1.Remove some links from your chain...
    2. Vice grips...

3. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Adjust the chain so everything is really loose then take the proper amount of links out and readjust the chain. Most chains should have about an inch of slop towards the middle.

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Pintle chain touchdown point is normally 32-36 inches from center of rear drive cogs.

5. Hysert

Hysert PlowSite.com Addict

We removed 2 links from one of our tornados this yr! I replaced the master link pin with a stainless bolt/nut.. you should have a master on the conveyer somewhere..