1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

V Box- Gas to electric conversion

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by forestfireguy, Aug 11, 2010.

1. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

I've read here that guys have done a successful gas engine to electric motor conversion on their V-Box spreaders. We are going to do this following some of the ideas I've seen here. My question is what are you guys doing about controllers, I've worked with a simple on/off Downeaster electric and it works just fine, but some times in some places some control of the throw would be nice. Thoughts?????

I've built controllers, but it was for a western tailgate. Any ideas where heavy components, such as rheostats, heat sinks ETC can be purchased??? I'd rather go ready made for this application, but if it's considerably cheaper and I thought it would take the load I'd build one.

2. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

For a controller you buy one from Karrier. The same company that makes the one for your swenson.