1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

V box extensions, who's added them

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Brian Young, Nov 25, 2013.

1. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Anyone add extensions to their plastic box? Just looking to add them to the ends of the box so the backhoe can actually get all the salt in the box instead of off the back or front all over the v box motor housing or snow blower we have on this truck.

2. viper881

viper881 Senior Member

Just rigged mine up last week on the snowex. Same problem as you. The back hoe would spill it all over since the bucket was wider then the box. Works great and I can hold more salt now.

3. goel

goel PlowSite.com Addict

I put extensions up, but not to make it longer. Highest sides are an additional 20 inches.

Backhoe has a 1.3 yrd bucket, so we just load it on an angle instead of straight on.

4. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

We're going to get an 8" extension made of stainless , and recently i decided it will have top doors at least to just shut on top of the extension to keep water out so we don't have to tarp it then.

Its for a salt dogg 2 yarder for a dually f350.. even when heaped up, the truck could easily handle more.