1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

V Box and Snow Thrower

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by morettalandcare, Jan 16, 2011.

1. morettalandcare

morettalandcare Junior Member

Custom snow thrower rack that I built and then had Line-Xed. It was my best solution for taking a thrower with me for the walks on larger commerical properties. It works out really well.

DSC00268.jpg

DSC00267.jpg

2. ford26

ford26 Junior Member

looks great!

3. Trane365

Trane365 Member

Nice rack.

4. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Looks good, but BUNGIE cords:eek:

5. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

haha looks good

6. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

I use bungies to hold my 2 blowers in the back of my dump( no tailgate ). They hold tight and are easy to hook and unhook quickly.

Rack looks well done. Good idea on the line x.Thumbs Up

7. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Looks good. Where did you get the cover for the spreader?

8. morettalandcare

The bungies are a fast way to get on and off. It actually holds it very tight to the rack. I had the tap custom made at a shop in Amish Country.

9. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Nice. Any idea how much it was? I had gotten a price from the mexicans in town but it was about 5x more than I thought it would be

10. morettalandcare

Right around $75.00. Heavy material with corners built up with extra material and gromits (sp?) about every 2 feet.

11. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

Nice set-up!

12. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Is it near you where you had it done? I'll pay you a little extra if you had them make a couple more. If it was $75 I'd give you a hundred. I see you can't PM but my email is clearwater1@att.net if you would contact me.

13. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Send me the info on who made it. I am heading down to new philadelphia this weekend and would like to stop and buy one or have it made..
    burkartlandscape@yahoo.com

Aaron

14. secret_weapon

secret_weapon Senior Member

Look good! I see you go to Terry's T&T. I've been there a couple times, Terry and his son are good guys. Can't remember his kids name though.

15. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Great idea! How does it effect the pattern when salting, or is it not even noticeable, at any rate nice job. ussmileyflag

16. morettalandcare

Hey guys... Erb's tarp shop - (330) 893-2562 when you call you will go straight to answering machine for like 4 families and the business. Leave a message for David at the tarp shop. He will call you back same day in the evening. I don't have the address or I would post it. But all i did was measure spreader and send him pics and he made it.

On the rack I welded in a pice of angle where salt would hit it so that it gets deflected and throws it out better. Pattern wise no change.

17. morettalandcare

Erb's Tarp Shop
    Canvas & vinyl products for boats, pick-ups, awnings and more, 5218 SR 515, Mon-Fri 7-5, Sat 7-11, 330-893-2562. Closed Sundays.

18. IPLOWSNO

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

looks good can you put a rubber strip under where it meets the bumper? it will scare ya after seeing it in the spring, scratching the hell out of it with all the dirt and salt?

19. morettalandcare

I take it off the truck between storms when the blower is not needed. The bumper has Line-X on it as was well.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2011
  20. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Thank you for the info.:salute: